A fresh Start

Blogging is something that happens constantly in my mind. Is that just me or do all mom's carry a running list of their life in their mind at all times?  But there has been a gap in my blogging life as my kids grew up. It came increasingly more important for me to attend to their every need and leave the internet to survive without the wandering inside my mind.  Now, I feel I am in a new season of life.  My boys are not grown by any stretch, but can at least fix their own drink, find a snack in the drawer, and manage until the sun rises on Saturday morning without me. A new normal. 

Sharing the thoughts in my mind now takes a new purpose. Originally it was to allow friends and family to enjoy the journey of our lives.  Now it is to walk alongside the wives and mothers who just need to know, "I AM NOT ALONE!" There will be moments of truth and #reallife talks. And moments of harsh realizations that sometimes, 'It is my fault, my own doings, that cause my stress'. And hopefully, some encouragement to Breath.  Just "Be Still" and Breath.

Please note, I have a wonderful husband, the Spiritual Leader of our home, patient with my stubbornness, and brings calm to my stress.  I could not be the mom and wife that I am without him.  So, "I am not alone." But your story may be different, please don't quit reading if this is not your life.  Let's walk alongside this journey together.

Challenge for today: (and hopefully this week or month or year)

I am always looking at my phone. 
Yep, I said it. 
Although, on the Mother's Day video of cute toddlers, it was not my child who said "My mom's favorite thing to do is be on Facebook."  That was an awkward hilarious moment.  My child did however say, "My mom's favorite thing to do is fold clothes." To which my husband responded, "Maybe he meant, 'I wish my mom would fold clothes'" (Eye roll)

I use my phone:
to check the weather
to check the time
to check SnapChat
to ignore the cartoon that is on the tv
to unwind
to avoid doing laundry (or the dishes)
to look up a recipe on Pinterest that I will choose later (multiple times) not to cook

My phone keeps my from:
doing laundry
doing the dishes
watching cartoons that I have seen a thousand times
actually cooking dinner
getting up to do anything productive
enjoying life in real time (instead of through the camera app)

So, what would happen if . . .

Every time I reached for my phone to do any of the above tasks, I instead STOPPED and prayed.

What if I quit wasting time and used my time to talk to God?

How many minutes a day, of non-sense,
could I spend talking to God?
would I spend talking to God? 
will I spend talking to God?
IF I reached for words instead of my phone?

Anybody else want to take this on with me and see what God is willing to do in our lives if we just Stop and give HIM a minute?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Congratulations!!

Room Service

100 Thankful Thoughts (cont. post #4)