Precious Memories

I’m having blog withdrawals.  With no update from Boston, I feel I have nothing to blog about, so I’m going to blog about not blogging.

I never was one that could journal or keep a diary.  For several reasons.  (I’ve been thinking of these for hours.)

1.  I thought I had something better to do besides write about my day.

2. That something better was go to sleep.  (You should ask my husband, sleeping is not a weakness of mine.)

3.  I could only find my “diary” for about a week.  After that, I cleaned up and put it away.  Then I forgot where I put it.

4.  As I got older, I didn’t need evidence of what I had done. 

5.  I didn’t want to relive what I had done or have my conscience remind me of what I shouldn’t have done.

I did find a journal of mine that I started at Mississippi State.  Poor Justin, he didn’t have a chance.  I was head over heels from day one and “cheesy”.  I was a little embarrassed to claim it. 

I have to give props to my best friend Beth Russell Graham.  Beth has multiple journals.  Beth and I became friends about the 8th grade and she always had a journal.  She would write in it everyday!  (As an only child, she didn’t have a sister to share a room with! So keeping up with a diary was easier.)  :)  Beth could probably relive her entire high school life with her journals.  It is so great to go back and read how life has changed.  Beth and I have often recapped our high school life experiences.  So, Beth, I would just like to say “Precious Memories”! (Hope that makes you smile!)  We should definitely read the journal entry from that interesting time in our lives!

So instead of keeping a journal, I will continue to publicly publish our lives!  I’m not dedicated enough to daily entries, but I will try to keep it interesting!

Comments

beth said…
i did get a smile out of that! talk about cheesy! unfortunately, i got out of journaling. not really sure why, though. i think we shouldn't relive our high school memories... maybe that's why i don't write anymore. too much junk went on for me to even want to remember half of it! precious memories is one that, no matter how cheesy, was a fun one.

Popular posts from this blog

Room Service

Update and Welcome

Congratulations!!