Room Service

Justin has been moved to a room this morning!  He is doing great!  All of the doctors and nurses are very excited about his progress. 

Before leaving ICU, they removed most of his “stuff” (except for one IV).  This allow him to move around more freely, which is the next step.  Justin will be getting up and walking around this afternoon.  He is also just starting to eat again.  If you think about it, he hasn’t had anything since Monday night supper.  So, it will be like learning how to eat after the stomach virus.  We are praying this doesn’t make him sick.  They will also be giving pain medicine by mouth, so we are also praying that his pain continues to stay under control!

He is making such great progress!  I think he is far ahead, especially with moving around, than he was this far out of last year with his surgery!  That is exciting!  Praising the Lord for this!

Loving your comments, I read them to Justin as he is dozing in and out.  I can’t wait to read them to him when he is more awake!  He asks every once in awhile who has emailed and posted comments.  He definitely has his sense of humor and is smiling a little more each day!

Comments

Unknown said…
Hey you guys,
Keep the updates coming. I'm forwarding them on the non-internet savvy family members. Just called Grandma Wise to read her the latest and she said Aunt Leesa had already read her what was on your BLOB. lol. Can't stop laughing about that one.
I'm sure your pain is more severe so just keep popping those pills. That hydrocodone is the bomb. If I take a whole dose I start hallucinating and singing to the radio at work. But it sure works good on the pain!
Love you guys, see you soon,
Barbara
Anonymous said…
So glad Justin is doing so good
we are praying for youall. tell Ania and Jinny we said hello.

with all our love and prayer
Bill & Shelia Loden
MItzi Stokes said…
This is wonderful news! Keep us posted as you can. Tell Justin Johnson is on the pole for tomorrow night.
Anonymous said…
Hi there,
I've been praying for you since I heard the news from Bush (here at Ashley) that you were having the surgery. God is good. I pray that you continue to do well each day and that the pain meds work to keep you out of pain. My friend shared with me a 'saying' years ago and the older I get, the more I see that she's right. She would say 'This too shall pass'. I pray that this will pass quickly and your recovery is swift.


Love in Christ,
Becky Lauderdale
Anonymous said…
Good news is wonderful to share.I've forwarded your blog since I don't know how to tell folks to get there. I had several folks at Music Study Club ask about Justin last night. We are so thankful that things are going well and will continue with our prayers. with love, Aunt L
Anonymous said…
hey guys! so glad to hear of your progress! i'll be calling over the next week since we'll be travelling. we love ya'll.

tree & beth
Anonymous said…
glad to know things are going great!
we are praying!the creek is up.

with love emma kate
Terri said…
Justin and Abigail,
I have been keeping up with you thru your mom (Jannie) since this summer at the Bush reunion. I have loved getting to know you by reading your blog. So thankful that you are recovering better than expected. We will continue to pray for the two of you.
Terri and Larry Stewart
Chris Mosby said…
Glad to hear Justin is making such good progress! Let him know that Debbie and I are thinking about him.

Popular posts from this blog

Congratulations!!

Update and Welcome