The call . . .

Well today was the day we have all been anticipating.  Justin received a phone call from Boston.  I’m not sure exactly who called him, but for our purposes we will say it was the nurse from Boston.  She called a little after 3:00 today to give us the surgery date which is October 13th.  To save you the trouble of getting a calendar, it is on a Tuesday – 5 weeks from today. 

Its extremely crazy how we have waited and anticipated this call.  Almost everyday I would think, “Maybe they will call today.”  And then this morning, after I got to school I said a little prayer asking that we would hear today.  Even so, I was a little shocked when Justin called to tell me that someone had called.  (Oh Me of Little Faith)  I was finally at a point where I could talk about the issue, surgery, etc. and not feel sick at my stomach.  And yet, when he called and told me the date, I almost lost it.  The Lord has really protected us from being worrisome for the last  6-8 weeks. 

Great things about our news today!

  1. We finally have a surgery date!  I can actually start making plans (plane tickets, hotel reservations, etc.)
  2. The date is not in  mid-November (Which we thought it might be because that was the surgeons first open date.)
  3. Having the surgery in October gives us time to plan to get there AND time to recover before Christmas!
  4. We have a date with an elite group of doctors.  Our surgeon, Dr. DelNido, has performed many heart surgeries including heart transplants.  (We have been researching him online)
  5. Going to a children’s hospital might be fun!  They are used to families being involved in the recovery process.

We think we will meet with the doctor/surgeon on Monday – Oct 12.  Justin will have some x-rays and blood work done that day.  Then we will return the next day for surgery.  Please continue to pray for us as we wait for the day to arrive, as we make travel plans, and for the surgeon/doctors to be able to choose the best solution for Justin’s surgery. 

Comments

Amy Carson said…
Thanks for letting us know. We wrote it on the calendar. We will continue to pray for you guys & know that the Lord will take care of you. We love ya'll.
Amy

Popular posts from this blog

Room Service

Update and Welcome

Congratulations!!