Motivation and Inspiration

When thinking about these words, many things come to mind.  This is the goal of parents and teachers all over, but how is usually the question.  How do you motivate kids who don’t care?  Well – These are the things I used to think about . . .

NOW – These words bring to mind – Coach Dan Mullens – AKA “Dan the Man”.  Who when moving to The Beautiful city of Starkville last fall, hung up the motivation sign of the year!  The Countdown to the “Team Up North”.   He put the goal in front of the team from the beginning of the end of the season.  Constantly ticking, always a reminder, pushing forward, he motivated and inspired these passion-filled players!  After a few disappointing seasons, the players and the fans joined in with new motivation and inspiration to set new records on number of fans attending the games, to play every quarter with heart, and to ring their cowbells with new found passion!  Many coaches have a quote, but I think Coach Mullens quote is the best and lifetime guaranteed, “If I don’t have to coach effort, I can coach football!”  What a motto!  Take out the word football and insert what you do!  “If I don’t have to coach (teach) effort, I can coach (Teach) _________”

Thanks Coach Mullens and Bulldogs for an awesome season and wonderful season finale!

Moving forward – Other important topics!

I mentioned this briefly in Thankful Thoughts, but this deserves more info than one sentence . . . AMBER (my sweet, younger sister) is ENGAGED!!!  Yes, it was so sweet.  Her husband to be called a few weeks ago and told he was going to ask her.  He knew that Amber wanted pictures of the engagement and for the entire family to be there afterwards to celebrate!  So, Bride to be, got her wishes. My older sister, Amy, and I hide behind a tree in the park and videoed and took pictures of this sweet moment.  Then the entire family (both sides) ran up to congratulate them!  How exciting!!  They are both such wonderful Christian people!  We are very excited for them!

 Proposal 020

Lastly today, I need to mention that my husband has become a Facebook Junkie.  Don’t get me wrong, I myself am a Facebook user, but not habitually.  I check other people’s status, but rarely update my own.  I look at other people’s pictures, but again rarely contribute anything new.  (Of course, my outlet is Blogging!)  Justin finally decided he needed a Facebook page to stay connected with “the world”.  He has officially become a “Facebook Junkie” Updating his status, checking it habitually, bragging about his friends, etc.  Watch out world – Justin has finally joined the “Dark Side” of technology!

Comments

Are you calling me "dark" since I'm a facebook user? I'm glad I have another person to "facestalk"

Popular posts from this blog

Room Service

Congratulations!!

Update and Welcome