Thoughts, just because I have them . . .

1. Its been a while, so keep up.

2. School will be out in 3 more days for Christmas break!  I wrote my first semester exam last week and the verdict is still out on how well that will go over.  

3. Justin and I planted camellias for our anniversary this year after traveling to Natchez during Spring Break.  They finally bloomed about 3 weeks ago.  I’m not sure when they are supposed to bloom, but it was December for us.  They are a beautiful light pink and I can’t wait for them to bloom again.  We plant something different every year on our anniversary.  The first year, we planted 2 running rose bushes, which have filled out beautifully and are pink and white.  The 2nd and 3rd year, we planted hydrangea trees which have yet to bloom, but are growing nicely.  Then there was this past ear, year 4 with camellias and they have finally bloomed!

4. An earlier blog told of our new grill.  We grilled every weekend of football season, so I guess every weekend since we bought the grill.  We have smoked a jerk chicken and a boston butt, grilled bbq chicken, jerk drumsticks, hot wing drumsticks.  It has been delicious.

5. Justin and I ate sushi at Kyoto for the first time this weekend.  Both were firsts for us.  The waiter was very helpful.  We tried a new sushi with shrimp, crab, and steak.  He brought the sushi out and then used a blow torch to cook the steak to medium rare at our table.  Then he said, the blow torch was ours to keep since we ordered this new sushi.  He began to walk off then said, just kidding.  It was a nice first experience, but an acquired taste to say the least.  He asked were we going to use chopsticks and we told him we didn’t know how.  He brought us what I can only imagine were the “kiddy” chopsticks.  Tied together with rubber bands and held apart with rolled paper.  They worked nicely!

6. Justin and I have been working since April on getting a loan to build a house .  After much frustration, we have finally signed papers on a construction loan.  Sadly in the dead of winter, but whenever the weather clears, the house will begin!  We are so excited!  If anyone is wondering what I want for Christmas, it’s gift cards and decorating ideas all for a new house, which I probably won’t be in for a long time, but that is ok I can dream right?!

7. I know that this isn’t my best blog posts, but maybe I will clear my mind this week and be better before the next post.  So, just for the sake of getting a post out there. . .

Comments

Hello. I am Meg. Your friend. Loved you thoughts and so jealous of your new home.
Anonymous said…
Abigail, Mother used camellias to decorate at Christmas as did my Grandmother who said she gave up silk stockings to buy plants.They are beautiful in a cut arrangement or floating with candles in a shallow bowl.

We are looking forward to progress on your new home.
mops

Popular posts from this blog

Room Service

Update and Welcome

Congratulations!!