Hilton Head Update

 

I finally have a minute or two to update! Our vacation has been so much fun!  I recapped earlier but let me review.  We arrived Saturday afternoon and got settled in.  On Sunday, we all went to the First Baptist Church here on the Island (we went to the “modern” service – a first for Justin – A little different from Ecru Baptist).  Then we watched our first St. Patrick’s Day Parade.  And can I say – Ecru isn’t the only parade with fire trucks and rednecks.  The local officials rode in convertibles just like the homecoming queens!  I think we should start this in ECRU!!

DSC00041

Amy and JD drove all night Sunday and were here to bring in the sunrise on the East Coast.  This was our first east coast sunrise.  It was cloudy, so the pictures aren’t the best, but they get better.  This was taken from our patio.

 

Sunrise Hilton Head

Once the week started things just flew by. . .

On Tuesday, we went golfing on a beautiful golf course.  This was the first time we had played since last vacation.  We are already itching to play again. 

DSC00617  DSC00611DSC00612 DSC00616 

Tuesday night we had Amy’s birthday supper!  It was so great for the family to be together at one time.  As you can tell from the picture we ate family style and passed everything around the table.  I think the last time we did this we were all still living at home.  Then we told funny family memories!  We all laughed so hard we cried (and if you know us, we laughed so hard we couldn’t breathe).  Have I mentioned how much fun it was?

 

DSC00068 DSC00062

Wednesday the whole family went to Savannah.  We had a short tour of the city and then wandered for a few hours.  The sites to see are beautiful.  We all had a great time and were ready for supper which was at Lady and Sons (Yes – Paula Deen’s)  If you read the previous blog you know how good the food was!!  Then our waitress said she wanted to sing for us.  She sang Nat “King” Cole’s “L-O-V-E” and Happy Birthday.  She had a beautiful raspy voice that sounded very jazzy. 

  DSC00676 DSC02313 DSC02318 DSC02323

Today  - Amber, Amy, Mom and I went and painted pottery pieces!  It was a blast and turns out we were all pretty good artists!  (Meg – you are going to be so jealous of my personalized MSU platter!!)  Tonight we had appetizer night and all cooked (or bought) our favorite appetizer.  Then we swapped secret sibling gifts.  (That would take too long to explain.  I think I explained it on the blog at Christmas.)  More fun family time!!

DSC00093

Comments

Please tell me that you painted my birthday present there!! I want a platter JUST LIKE YOURS!! You can not leave until you make me a housewarming gift!!
Libby said…
I am so jealous! We havent done anything that fun all week! Just a few trips to the park! I guess I know who to go to for "artists in the classroom" now!! good to know!! :)
Felicia said…
Abigail, I am so happy to find you on this blogging thingy. It is fun to see what people you know are up to...even when you can really keep in touch you can kinda keep in touch. I'm glad to see you guys had a great vacation.

Popular posts from this blog

Room Service

Update and Welcome

Congratulations!!