Life constantly running

When I was working on my National Boards, I felt that I couldn’t do anything else. I thought life would be easier when I finished.  It is a relief to be finished, but the truth of the matter is that “if it’s not one thing, it’s another”  to use that cliché.  So, what do you do about it?  Well, I think you enjoy everything you can, do your best, and move quickly through the difficult parts always looking for the rainbow on the other side of the rain. 

I don’t know why when you get married, people call it “settling down”.  You don’t have time to do anything except your busy life.  You don’t actually settle down, you just don’t have time for anything else.  It appears to your friends that you are never around and “settled down”. When the truth is that you are hanging on the best you can.  So, what do you do about it?  Make time.  Make time for your friends and your family.  And make time to fall in love with your spouse.  (I think that is why marriages are so difficult.  People are so used to “living” their lives by running through their busy to do list and don’t make time to “fall in love”.) All of this while making time for GOD!  The easiest thing to forget while we are “settling down”.  It’s the things in life that GOD calls us to do that impacts our lives the most.  Its the simple things like sharing God’s blessings in your life, taking food to a neighbor, praying for others and watching God work.  This is what we lose sight of when we run through our lives.  When we run through the rain, we look for the rainbow; forgetting still that is a promise from God. 

So, as you run through your not so settled life (moving and uprooting like Meg OR simply painting the bathroom like me) don’t forget to ask GOD, is this what you want me to do?  Another question I challenge you to ask each day this week (Justin has been talking to me about this) – God, show me today when I can share you with others.  And then – take the challenge!

Comments

It sounds like you really love the Lord. Praise the Lord and don't like Satan in to spoil it all for you.

Popular posts from this blog

Room Service

Update and Welcome

Congratulations!!