Sunday’s are great!

Justin and I have had a wonderful day!

Last night at church, we had a Back-to School Bash for the kids.  It was lots of fun.  They also had a conclusion service for X-treme Life Camp!  This summer has been so awesome for the kids in our community that were able to be a part of this.  Most all of the kids came with their families last night to the event.  We were able to give away 6 full backpacks and every kid went home with a pack of crayons, pencils, and glue sticks.  It is so fun to see kids get excited about the little things in life. 

This morning the doctor emailed.  We are fairly certain that the surgery will be at the Boston Children’s Hospital.  The surgeon, who is reviewing the case, is the lead surgeon for the adult congenital heart division.  The surgeon and other doctors reviewing the case are working on the best possible solution for Justin’s specific case.  Dr. Gupta hopes to get some finalized plans this next week.   He said that he feels like the consultation and surgery will be close enough to only make one trip to Boston. 

This morning at church, many of the kids from the summer camp were there with their families.  How exciting to see God at work!

The choir special this morning was “Praise You in this Storm” (I think sung by Casting Crowns).  This is an awesome song, but so fitting in our lives right now.  I ’ve always liked this song and I love to sing it, but last year after Justin’s surgery it began to take on new meaning.  One part of the song says “every tear I cry, you hold in your hands”.  This is an awesome picture in my mind.  God loves me so much that He catches my tears.  You think about the relationship of a father and daughter.  How the father protects her and wipes away her tears.  This in itself is an awesome, warming emotion.  But to take that to the next level and imagine this relationship with God!  And then I ask myself, “Can I do this?  Can I praise HIM in this storm? Is my faith really that big?”  It’s humanly impossible to wrap your mind around this, but when you have experienced God (even just a little bit) you know that He can help you do this.  God can give you the faith to praise Him even in the storms of life – BIG or small - 

DSC00790

Comments

Felicia said…
Praise you in the Storm is probably one of my all time favorite songs. I love this post!

Popular posts from this blog

Room Service

Update and Welcome

Congratulations!!