My Apologies

I apologize for not being a better blogger.  Things get busy, I get lazy, and life moves on without blog updates.  I would promise to be better, but I’ll be honest that’s not going to happen.  Some days blogging comes natural to me and other days a nap comes natural (especially in the winter).  But I digress . . .

Justin had his checkup with the docs in Tupelo today.  Everything went well.  They ran the standard EKG, blood pressure, heart rate, breath in-breath out, are you having any trouble, etc.   That was pretty much it.   He continues to be on no prescription meds which is such a blessing!  The doc said that he can go back to work soon, continue his walking and building up his strength.  The doc said with his walking, it was more about time than speed.  He said he would encourage taking a less strenuous walk for a longer period of time, so we will work on that.  Justin is already making a full loop around the yard without getting winded, which is about 1/3 of a mile.  It doesn’t sound like much, but Justin has been working extremely hard to get his strength built back up.   Last year, he just couldn’t hold out to do much of anything.  He was not ready to go back to work when he did.  This year, he is working to build up his strength, feeling well, and actually getting a little “stir-crazy”.   (Which didn’t happen at all last year) Thank you Lord for taking care of us!

Justin made his first “big” outing on Saturday, we went to Lowe’s in New Albany.  (I forget that store is there or we would be there a lot more.) We bought a storage cabinet for our back porch to keep our dog/cat food in.  Which led to cleaning out the washroom and the washroom cabinet(since that is where the food used to be kept).  I am very pleased with the progress.  I also started cleaning out the office.  As much as I am OCB, I do make piles of things in the Office.  I try not to keep things out on the table, but I just “pile” it away in the office.  Every few months, I have to go through it and de-clutter.  I am still working on this!  Next week, I will be busy finding new “piles” to clean-up and decorating for Christmas!  Even though, I hate that Justin had to have surgery, I am very excited about spending my entire Thanksgiving break with him! 

Last, but not least, the “child in us” bought the new Mario Game for Wii and have been playing it together!  It’s quite entertaining!  When we play together, we can actually get in each other’s way, so I blame all my “bad moves” on him!  It will take a while for us to beat this game.  We have only made it to World 2! 

Comments

Anonymous said…
We continue to be thankful that Justin is doing so well. Enjoy your week together. FYI: I think one complete loop on our sidewalk is a fourth of a mile.
UT and Aunt L
Anonymous said…
So thankful all is going well! God is good!
Hill

Popular posts from this blog

Congratulations!!

Room Service

Update and Welcome