So much to say

Justin and I went out of town for the weekend and there are a few stories that need to be told from that trip.  I also want to talk about yesterday and today (Mon and Tues), but to keep us all straight - - Tonight I will blog about the weekend and later this week, I will blog about tonight!

So Justin decided Thursday (while I was at school) that it would be fun to get out of town for the weekend.  (For those who don’t know, last week was his first official week back at work.)  He thought we should get out of town and spend some time together before the “hustle and bustle” of the season continues.  (Yes, we have spent lots of time together in the last few months, but this is different.)  We also decided it would be a nice time to introduce Ty (you remember our sweet puppy, right?) to traveling.  So, after searching for a few hours Thursday night, we found a hotel that didn’t cost an arm and leg to bring your pet.  (Most hotels charge at least $50 for you to bring your pet if they are pet friendly).  The Drury Inn and Suites is a pet friendly chain – with no fees for the pet - - reasonably priced rooms – free HOT breakfast - - free wireless internet - - and it was Clean!!

The weekend with Ty went well.  He ran around the room in circles when we got there on Friday and was very comfortable all weekend.  He didn’t bark or whine or have any “accidents”!  He did look up to 2 large dogs coming off the elevator – That was funny! 

So getting to the interesting part - - Saturday morning, I get up around 7 and take Ty out before waking my adorable husband.  It was quite chilly that morning, so I had on exercise pants and my hooded MSU sweatshirt.  As Ty and I are walking up the sidewalk back to the building, a guy and girl come out the side door and down the sidewalk towards us.  Being from the south, I expect a Hello or Good morning to be exchanged as we pass on the sidewalk.  Instead, the guy says “Hotty Toddy”  -- Seriously dude – I don’t even know you and by the way we spanked you last week on the field - - Seriously.  Of course I say nothing except “Yeah, I hear ya!” We are now walking away from each other and he turns and says, “I almost covered my eyes like this.”  (And then puts his hand over his eyes).  To which I reply, “The feeling’s mutual!” 

Anyway, the day continued nicely.  Justin and I started the day at Target around 11 with a mocha frappuccino and a little shopping, ate lunch, went back to the hotel and watched the SEC Championship game, went back out to get a few more presents and finished the day with “to-go” supper from J.Alexanders . . . which leads to the other interesting part of the weekend.  It was about 9pm, when we ordered supper and Justin wasn’t sure that he could hold out to stay and eat, so we ordered supper to go.    I ordered spinach dip and a salad and Justin ordered a steak!  As we are leaving, I asked if the to-go silverware was in the bag.  The reply - “We don’t have any to-go silverware.”  Great, now what?  The hotel does not have room service, so I’m doubting they will have anything worthwhile to use.  So, we drove over to Target.  I figure since I’m buying anyway, don’t waste our time with plastic.  So for “real cheap” silverware:

4 pack of forks - $6

4 pack of knives $6

OR

20 piece place setting (4 of each of the 5 pieces) - $10!!

So, instead of spending $2 more for less, I bought the box of silverware.

. . .

Silverware - $10

Black and Red plates - $4

Supper From J. Alexanders - $50

Spending a wonderful weekend with my husband, eating to go food at a coffee table in the hotel, while watching football - - PRICELESS!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm glad ya'll were able to enjoy a weekend away. Take advantage of that every time you can because it slows down a little more after each baby. Nobody offers to keep 3 for a weekend away. :)We do occasionally get a "meal" away
Anonymous said…
That was from me, Hill, by the way...you probably figured it out though

Popular posts from this blog

Room Service

Update and Welcome

Congratulations!!