Passions

Those who know me well, would probably say that I am not the most high strung person they know (or hopefully not), but would most certainly agree that I have my “Soap boxes” as some may call them or as I prefer my “Passion Points”.   However, in expressing these Passions, I try to exhibit self-control.  (Something I preach to my students about.  Know yourself and control yourself).  I’m sure hard for most of you to believe, but I have worked diligently over the past few years, diagnosing myself, controlling my impulsive defensive speech, and learning my trigger points.   (Working with Gifted Students helps me learn these things about myself.)

To the Point . . .

This past Saturday, I spent the day with the Girls of the family looking for Bridesmaids dresses for my beautiful sister, Amber (the Bride). During this trip, I exhibited much self-control, identified my “triggers” and “bit my tongue”.  (Frustration from employees not family).  It took quite a few hours Saturday for me to unwind from the trip and worst of all, I could feel the “Passion” level rise so high, that I physically hurt.  (No I didn’t have a heart attack, but unhealthy to say the least.)

However, the Lord took good care of me.  Saturday evening our friends came over and I enjoyed a relaxing evening of girl chat and enjoyed cooking supper with my husband!  Sunday morning was an awesome day in church!  Some people were there that I was very excited to see!  The singing was good, the message was good!  It was just a great day to be a church!  Sunday evening, we had another uplifting message at church and then went to a friends house to finish the Super Bowl.  I am so glad, the Lord changed my heart and didn’t allow a terrible Saturday to ruin the weekend!

The week is just getting better - - I have some positive “Passion Points”, which I’ve been able to express this week!  I LOVE my job!!  My students are great!  They are learning about themselves and others, and I have seen growth in them this week!  We are beginning our “All About Giftedness” Study where the students learn about “Why we do what we do in Gifted?”  “Gifted Characteristics”  “Issues Gifted Kids deal with” and so much more!!  This is why I teach this class!  My kids have been so great this week!  I have got to express my “Passion Points” for Gifted with them and they have reciprocated with their opinions!  I have stood up and applauded them for comments, went around the room with “high-fives”, almost jumped up and down and screamed just to name a few!   I tell my kids - “It’s ok, I know I’m weird!”  I’m just so excited to pass the “Gifted Passion” on to others!   Although, its been a long week –at Tuesday- It’s already been a great one!

Comments

Libby said…
You just make me smile!! Thats all I have to say about that!!
Abiding Journey said…
incredible! thank you for teaching me a new vocabulary term, and i can't wait to share it with my class on wednesday evening.

Popular posts from this blog

Room Service

Congratulations!!

Update and Welcome