I can’t think of a title!

I have so many things I want to share with you, my small community of readers.   However, after a long day of work my mind is confused and not thinking straight.  This blog post could last for hours, but I know that long posts get boring to those who don’t actually live in my small world. Those of you who know me I’m sure would agree that being one with few words is not my gift.  However, to keep things as short and simple as possible, I will steal from Meg the numbered list of items. I will also title each numbered item, so you can chose to read or not to read those which you have interest.

1. March 25 – 5 years – Have I shared with you that Justin and I have recently celebrated our 5 year anniversary!   Each year for our anniversary, we plant a tree OR a perennial of some kind to remember our anniversary.  This year, we chose a white dogwood tree, which we planted last week at our new house site!  It is our first planting at what we hope to soon be our new home.  WP_000184

2. Gifts – Last Thursday evening, Justin told me we were going to get my present, but before we went he wanted to tell me about my present.  Justin proceeded to explain how he had researched the traditional 5 year anniversary present.  Turns out the traditional present is wood. We talked about that and he also researched why it was wood.  He says it symbolizes strength in your marriage.  We then drove to Tupelo to buy two Beautiful, white rocking chairs for our front porch.  I can’t wait to sit in these chairs on my new front porch.

WP_000166

3. House – Last week, the foundation of our house was dug.   It was nice to see this part of the house begin with all the rain and snow we have seen.  Then there is steel laid before the concrete footing is poured.  Keep in mind that I am merely repeating what I have been told about this and really don’t know anything about foundations or building a house for that matter.  Justin went down last Friday night to help finish getting the steel tied together with anticipation of the concrete truck arriving at 6am.  However, the rain came around 2am Saturday morning, again on Sunday, and a few more times before the sun returned this weekend.  So, some progress with a small set back, but patient I will continue to be.

 WP_000175

4. Spring – I had forgotten how much I enjoyed this time of year.  As much work as it is to clean up a yard, it is always a nice feeling to be finished and enjoy a nicely groomed yard.  It also means re-connecting with people.  People don’t get out as much in the winter.  I love seeing people come by waving because you know them or just because its the neighborly thing to do.  Also, Beth, Jeremy, and Mary Hatley dropped by while they were out and about.  We were in the middle of cleaning the yard, but it was a nice break to get to chat with them for a little bit.  Which leads to what exactly we did today.  Our morning started with a trip to Tupelo around 10 to buy the newest addition to our home.  We came home, dropped off the new toy, and went to eat lunch.  The rest of the day was full of hard work until sun down.  Raking, picking up piles, burning leaves, trimming bushes, mowing the yard, and enjoying the view.   Here is Justin on his new toy for the first time.  ( I took a video, but I am having technical difficulties!)

WP_000187

Comments

1. I like your numbers.
2. Congrats on 5 years!!
3. LOVE the rockers!
4. J looks like a pro on his new toy.
5. Keep posting pics of the house site.

Popular posts from this blog

Room Service

Update and Welcome

Congratulations!!