Justin has been moved to a room this morning! He is doing great! All of the doctors and nurses are very excited about his progress. Before leaving ICU, they removed most of his “stuff” (except for one IV). This allow him to move around more freely, which is the next step. Justin will be getting up and walking around this afternoon. He is also just starting to eat again. If you think about it, he hasn’t had anything since Monday night supper. So, it will be like learning how to eat after the stomach virus. We are praying this doesn’t make him sick. They will also be giving pain medicine by mouth, so we are also praying that his pain continues to stay under control! He is making such great progress! I think he is far ahead, especially with moving around, than he was this far out of last year with his surgery! That is exciting! Praising the Lord for this! Loving your comments, I read them to Justin as he is...
I know that many of you are new to our blog, so welcome! Justin and I enjoy blogging about our lives, but I know that many of you have just joined us for surgery. So, please stay tuned for the rest of our lives as well! Justin is doing well. He has rested most of the day. He also sat up in a chair for an HOUR! He said his chest pain was fine, but he couldn't get his neck comfortable in that chair ( because he wanted to SLEEP!) He has been a great patient and has his normal humor. He also has comments that make little to no sense and probably won't remember most of this! Funny Comments from Justin today - Mrs. Anita was talking to Justin and finally said, "I think you're sleeping, so I'm going to leave you along. " to which Justin replied (With eyes closed) - "I can multitask!" Mom was cracking jokes by his bed and said, "I guess you don't think this is funny." And I said, "That's ok , right Justin, that is how we tal...
Justin had a great day today – I feel like I should make a list of his accomplishments! p Sit in a chair and eat breakfast p Complain because it was a plain biscuit , without sausage p Let the nurse practitioner remove “electrical wires” and large bandage from stomach area without any drama p Walk “around the block” (or down the hall – whatever) p Take pain meds without nausea meds and not get sick p Eat an entire roast beef sandwich for lunch p Walk “around the block” again p Eat chicken nuggets for supper p Take a shower p Take a nap after taking the shower p Walk “around the block” for the 3rd time!! p Eat some choc pudding __ Rest – working on this Not only was Justin on a mission, we have seen the 3 year old boy in hallway (The one from the dr.’s appt on Monday with the balloon). He was walking much faster than Justin and blowing bubbles as he walked. It is amazing how kids forget their pain. We also heard some nurses holler...
Comments